Friday, 27 November 2015

Christmas fair crafting!

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well this rainy evening. I'm not long back from our school Christmas fair where I had a wee stall for the afternoon. I was up late last night creating two more frames to add to stock for this fair and another fair I'm doing next Saturday. 


As you'll gather from my blog name, I love butterflies so I decided to create a wee butterfly themed frame. The central butterfly is a layer of three to make it stand up from the base. It was then covered with a gorgeous black and silver tissue paper. I added some more silver with some embossing powder as I wanted it to shine! The feelers were covered with buttons and pearls (I have an obsession with both and love using them in frames).
I had some wooden butterflies in different styles which I also embossed in silver. I then added some die cut butterflies on the top of these. A beautiful lilac fabric to back it (although you can't see much of it due to the giant butterfly) and some organza ribbon with a butterfly print on it finished the frame off. 






I had made this owl from felt a while ago for another project but it wasn't quite right for it and I've been trying to think what to do with it ever since.  An owl themed frame was just the ticket! The felt owl was cut, sewn and stuffed and I then added the different coloured layers with some button eyes. I also had a silver owl charm and I thought it would be fun to give the owl an owl necklace! The fabric backing was from a fat quarter pack I picked up a while ago in a sale. I used a spotty satin ribbon and some cream hessian down the side and along the bottom where the words were then glued down. I also used a few red button hearts. It's a bit quirky but hopefully someone will like it. 



It's fun to create new frames that are for stock as, although I'm hoping someone will buy them, I don't feel the pressure I feel when completing commissions. 
I got two more orders from today, one for a little boy who loves cars and the other for a girl who loves pink, purple, sparkle and glitz...can't wait to get started. I also want to have a go at finishing some of my altered puzzle piece bag charms before next Saturday's fair.
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and 
 photo x_4162e768_zps0vr7iokb.gif
After seeing the comment below from Mrs A, I'd like to enter the butterfly frame in the butterfly challenge quadruple. Thanks Mrs A x

9 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda
    Gosh you have been busy. The owl certainly brightens what has been a dull day.
    I am wondering what size frames you use.....are these 8x8 as that's the size I tend to use but its difficult to tell from a photo.
    Hope your stall did well.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ang,
      The frames I use are 23cmx23cm which I think is slightly larger than 8x8 (although not by much). I've also used frames sized 50cmx50cm in a couple of projects.
      Amanda x

      Delete
  2. Hi Amanda, gorgeous frames, beautifully put together as usual.
    I'm delighted to see you have such lovely Followers, they are growing, hugs Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your top frame and as I have counted 4 finished butterflies on there you could enter it into my Butterfly challenge which is currently to use 4 of something. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea Mrs A...my first challenge entry, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both frames are beautiful Amanda. Each one you do is so special. Butterflies and owls are both very popular so I wish you lots of luck on your stall. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you linked up your butterfly box which really is lovely. The pinks and purples blend in so well together and pink is my favourite colour. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge and for mine being the first one you have ever entered. Good luck. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning butterfly frame, colours are great!
    Thank you for joining us,
    Tina, GD on Butterfly Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous frames, the owl colours reminds me of the stacking Russian Dolls x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all visitors to my blog and anyone who takes the time to leave a comment. Have a wonderfully crafty day!